Thursday, March 22, 2012

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling....They Blog.


Well Hello There!

It's so good to have you stopped by!

Pull up a cushion and I'll pour you some Turkish tea.... And give you an earful of what Kait's been up to.

It's been a couple weeks since I have done this blog thing. Lets recap why:



New Job

at Pizza Shop M-F 11 am - 4 (sometimes 5)
(I'm getting better at making pizza's and am pretty sure I am more of an administrative assistant then a cook with the amount of phone calls I have had to make)
I'm the only employee... I get lonely... And I hate being yelled at by my boss...If you are bored... Text me during the day.

PPT

(good old faithful job) T- Sunday 6pm - 9:30 this show. (O and matinee's Saturday and Sunday starting at noon)

No juicy gossip allowed on blogs... But for my Planet-eers who read this...

You is Kind.....You is Smart....You iz Important.

"Bobby!", "Real or Not Real", "Chelsea is too pretty", "You"re Drawsome!", "This show is so short..... This show is sooooo long!", "Why is all the damn cherry juice gone?", "I don't know what everyone else does, but this is how I do it", "AJ is too pretty... Too", "Clip Clop", "Hunger Games Reading Club", "There is too much testosterone in the Coatroom","Still Alice = Tears", "Ushers = someone took my spot... Ugh that's why I got here 2 hours early", "Fieldtrips = Jodi-ziety", "How do we always end up at Moe's?!?!", "how way your day? O.. Just watched a man pee on the theater", "Pappas Paper Doll", "You know... This wouldn't happen if....", and"I love you guys.... I hate it here"

Teaching Tap

as always at my favorite place... HDAT! Monday 4-5, honestly I have grown so much as a tapper over the past 2 years teaching for the kids.

- Volunteering My Time

Choreographing NorthGate's Musical

'Guys and Dolls'

So I choreographed 6 Numbers
Oldest Establishment
Bushel and a Peck
Havana
Take Back Your Mink
Crapshooters Dance
Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat

I am so extremely proud of these kids, they have worked so hard. They surprised me on Monday with a Cast signed T shirt with one of my sayings on it. As some of you may know, when you are trying to teach.... People want water. But sometimes you have no time, and if you allowed everyone a water break they would forget what you just taught them. So during rehearsals when asked for a water break I'd say NO! Water Makes You Forget!..... Be careful what you say... Children will listen.

Other Things



I subbed a couple dance classes for August Wilson Center Dance Academy

Not much to say there.


HDAT meetings for the Summer Intensive are in full swing... And they will be keeping me very very busy this summer. If you know a child or teen interested.. Applications for the program are still being accepted. Www.5678hdat.org

Fitness!



Been Running in between jobs to get ready for a 5K... Literally running. I have 1 mile -3 mile routes around Downtown Pittsburgh that I'm really proud of myself for accomplishing.

It's very hard for me to lose weight... But I am trying to Cal Count with the app "Lose It", sometimes go to the gym, but mostly it's just a matter of fitting a run in between the Pizza Shop and PPT

Side note.... I am very jealous of Karen, Heather, and Alli for Hashing with the Pittsburgh Hash Hound Harriers.... I have only been DD... Heard some songs, and seen some pictures, but it looks like you all are having a blast... (I hope to someday tag along... Maybe the one Alli is hareing) And y'all look fabulous. Especially that green dress run.

Craft note: I tailored a Goodwill dress for Karen for the Green Dress Hash... I am proud of me-self.

Llama Diorama Party



Karen's friend Deirdra from Square Run Club had an awesome party idea. All attendees had to make a Diorama (a box with a miniature scene) with a Llama theme.

The plethora of llamaness at the party was awesome. We all voted, and Karen won 1st place! She was very proud of her 'major award'

I made a craft project for my friend Amanda.

Amanda was attending a baby shower on 3/18/12 and wanted crocheted baby tools.

It was hard to fit it in with my schedule, but some Carpal Tunnel later I finished three things: a hammer, a screw driver, and a measuring tape.

St. Patty's day!

What an awesome day. I had the entire day off (other then finishing Amanda's project). Woke up at 6am and drove to Sharon Pa to be with my 100% Irish Grandmother. We always go to The Original Quaker Steak and Lube for Irish Music, Kegs and Eggs, Irish Fare, and general frivolity. I feel so blessed to be able to spend time with my family during these events. Also, it was my cousin Jamie's first year being legal to drink!
Drinks of Choice: Bailey's and Coffee(Grandma, Jamie, and I) , and Magner's Irish Cider (Mom and I).

Later I gave quick hugs to My Aunt Cheryl, Amazing Aunt Ruthann, and Cousin Coutney and I drove the 1.5 hours home. I wish I could have stayed all day... But I had plans. I finished the project for Amanda while watching 2 Documentaries "Out of Ireland: Emigration Into America" and " The Historic Pubs of Dublin" gosh I love Netflix. :)

yes I am a nerd... An Irish one.

Once Karen got home, we went to the Elbow Room... This is where I fulfilled my deepest desire for the day.. A shot of Jameson and a Guinness. Major shot out to the Wellness Center and Dr Vanessa, thanks to the allergy elimination testing I am able to tolerate some gluten now! Lastly, Karen and I went to 5801 for another round of Irish Drinks... Then the clock struck midnight... And the magical veil of St Patty's lifted... And I had to observe Lent again. Lol.

Draw Something



One of my new obsessions is the game Draw Something, which is available in the Apps store. I like that I get to be creative and challenge myself to think of the best way to convey the word my partner needs to guess.

If you want to play with me, feel free to look me up by email or Facebook. Then you could get pictures like this...

Food

stuff I make...

As per tradition of my blog here.. I am posting pictures of the pretty food I am making. Enjoy.

End Remarks



And I know you all read just to see your name in print... It's cool.... I do it too. Just remember.... The more you do with me... The more likely you will get a mention.

Not like that is terrible incentive, but you read this part... So that tells me A. You Can Read, B. You are thorough, C. You should get a shout out...

Well.... That's all from me

Stay Crafty...


Crafty Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment